Buyer wants outrageous refund

WindyRidge
New Community Member

A large shipment was insured for the amount the buyer paid.   Part of the shipment broke in transit.   The buyer wants part of her payment back (I agree and am ready to send that), BUT in addition she wants $2000 because it is a rare piece.

Please tell me she can't do that.

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WindyRidge

If the buyer files a dispute for item received but not as described AND paypal find in her favour then she would have to return the item back to you first (or return what she received) BEFORE you had to issue a refund. She can not ask for more than what she paid in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@WindyRidge

If the buyer files a dispute for item received but not as described AND paypal find in her favour then she would have to return the item back to you first (or return what she received) BEFORE you had to issue a refund. She can not ask for more than what she paid in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

WindyRidge
New Community Member

Thank you!  It broke in transit.  I paid FedEx to prepare it for shipping and they have refunded part of what she paid.   But then she surprised me with wanting the extra.
My response was "I am as disappointed as you are.   It was in great shape."  But that wasn't enough.

thanks for your input.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.