Buyer wants me to post to a different address.

JamieCl
Contributor
Contributor

Afternoon,

Im pretty new to ebay and selling and stuff but i have just concuded a transaction with a gentleman for my Samsung Galaxy S3 for 180 pounds. Everything has been smooth afterwords with communication and he has a 100percent positive rating from 38 purchases.

My question is, he wants me to send the item to a different location than his paypal and ebay account, is this ok? I have the conversation on my ebay messages about the change of address and having spoke to ebay about it i was advised to ask what paypals opinion is?

Also could this hinder me recieving the payment earlier because of the pening rule?

Cheers in advance for taking the time to reply.

Jamie.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Hi JamieCL

If you send to a different address other than the one ppal give you in your confirmation email you will lose sellers protection

Tell the buyer if they update their details to the confirmed address they want you to send to then you can do that 

Make sure you send the item tracked and insured

You still have to wait the 21 days regardless

Login to Me Too

JamieCl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Minty1,

Thanks for that prompt reply.

I will do that, but i have one other question then, how will i be able to know that he has changed his address? Will i get an email saying that they have changed the address or anything so i can be certain i am not loosing my sellers protection?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Jamie.

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

When a buyer pays you should receive a  confirmation email from ppal to say you have received payment, it will show you the address to pay to, if its ok to send the item and if its eligible for sellers protection

If you're still not sure dont ship until you're 100%

Login to Me Too

JamieCl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Minty1,

Yeah the person has already payed and the address he wants me to post to differs from his home address.

Would the best course of action to tell him i have to post to the address provided to me just to be safe.

The problem being him saying he would be away from that address for at least a few weeks and is residing at this new address.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Jamie

Login to Me Too

minty1
Advisor
Advisor

Yes tell him you have to send to the provided address otherwise you will have to cancel the transaction and refund

If they want to cancel come back if you need help doing this

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Or you could just refund his payment if he agrees to it > get him to add a "gift address" to his paypal account and re-pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.