Buyer wants a refund on an item they collected and transported, claims it faulty.

floral123
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I sold a massage chair through ebay fully working and for a bargain price too, what more can you want?

Item was paid through paypal arranged to collect at my home and transport it themselves. The buyer puts the massage chair sideways which I thought was a bad move, the car looked small and I thought told him that I thought it would not fit.

I am pretty sure the buyer damaged the chair in transport, it is a very heavy and big item.

I suspect the buyer does not realise they broke the item. They want a full refund.

I am wondering what I can do as I when I had the item the day before, it was fully working.

Please help!!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@floral123

You should never accept paypal for items that are collected as you have no seller protection.

Use cash on collection only.

'If' the buyer files a dispute for 'non receipt' of item then they may win as you would not be able to provide a tracking number that proves delivery of the item to the buyer.

If they file for 'not as described' then you will be in a better position as the buyer would have no buyer protection for an item that was collected. So they would have to provide a 'tracking number' to prove delivery of the item back to you before you have to refund and its unlikely they will be able to do that.

However another option they have is if they fund their paypal payment via a credit card they may do a direct chargeback.

Up to you how you want to play it really.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.