Buyer says item fake, but it's not!!!

K55EMX
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there - I have sold a white gold and diamond tennis bracelet.  The buyer paid immediately and I sent the next day.  We had it valued for insurance purposes a few years ago but since lost the valuation certificate, which I put on the listing.

Once received she said she has had it checked and it is fake.  I know that it isn't but she has opened a case against me and my PayPal balance is now frozen.  I told her that I would try and find the valuation cert and get back to her.  I couldn't find it but found a picture I'd taken of it a while back when I was going to list it on FaceBay.

I sent her the picture and she said that she had taken it to two jewellers who both said it was silver and cubic zirconias. I know that it is genuine.  She has said she will put it in the post to me and then asked that I give her the refund.

What if she sends back a fake in it's place?  What if she makes out the returned item is lost in the post - where do I stand there?

Help!  It's worth £1200, and I accepted £550 as I was going to get my car repaired

Ella

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Nom_Nom_Noms
Contributor
Contributor

Its very hard to tell who's telling the truth on online transction. Moving forward, if you are a seller, I suggest you take a photos of the item you are selling before you ship it. If its a jewellry, obtain a certification and its value. Proof of authenticity if your selling a high end item. And so on and so forth. You have to secure all of this if your selling online.

With this one, you might need to contact PayPal to ask for advice on how you can win this and what are the documents needed.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.