Buyer keeps getting Paypal payment refusal for Ebay sale

FireWorld
Contributor
Contributor

I have a buyer who is trying to purchase on Ebay. He is based in Ireland. Delivery is set to worldwide. Every time he tries and pays with his Paypal account a message comes up in the final stage of the payment process that says" cannot proceed due to seller restrictions". Can someone advise what is going on here? I don't have these problems with any other sales on Ebay from what I can tell, then again I may have missed lots of sales if people just click away because they become frustrated.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

There are other restrictions apart from worldwide go to my ebay > account tab > site prefs > seller prefs and scroll down to buyer requirements. Have a look at your settings eg unpaid items, feedback, etc and it may be they fit into one of those categories.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

FireWorld
Contributor
Contributor

I have nothing under any of these sections that would indicate a restriction. I am sure it has something to do with Paypal rather than Ebay. Could it be that the buyer has "payment after delivery" actioned and that Paypal therefore refuses his purchase from me as I have "pay immediately" on with Paypal?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Are you in the U.S cus payment after delivery is only available there and not in the UK and these are the UK boards.

Also do you have a personal, premier or business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FireWorld
Contributor
Contributor

I am here in the UK and I have this odd thing about "payment after delivery" on my own Paypal account that's why I know about it. I just went and turned it off yesterday because I can't see the point - if something doesn't arrive or is dodgy then I can open a dispute in Paypal and get my money back that way.

I have a business account on Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Stumped on this one then.

I think you need to talk to paypal.

Go to contact us bottom of paypal pages > put in account probs and phone the number given > when you get through don't say or select any options just hang on till you get an agent.

Come back and let us know cus I'm intrigued.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

FireWorld
Contributor
Contributor

I already sent them an email this morning. Whenever I phone them I seem to get someone I cannot understand and they don't understand what I want ;-). I have now gone into my Paypal account and set everything there to "yes" or whatever it is one has to set it to in order to have every single restriction remvoved - not that I ever touched any, they are just set to what they are as standard. I also told my customer to go and pay through my own website. If that doesn't work with Paypal either then there is either something wrong with his Paypal account or he is not a bonafide buyer and has restrictions on his account of which I am not made aware. All I can say is that I am so hideoulsy restricted selling on Ebay (being a "new" seller on there) and with Paypal that I am considering ditching it all and selling via Amazon where I can sell unlimited items and I get paid every 2 weeks automatically.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.