Buyer has claimed item not received, signature was attained along with proof of delivery. HELP!

IVSHINOBIVI
Contributor
Contributor

An item was sold and sent 1st class recorded, it was received the next day, and signed for, tracking information was uploaded to both paypal and ebay, however the buyer has simply said "That is not how i would sign for something" and the buyer has been awarded a refund, this is madness, what on earth is the point in getting Proof of postage and a signature if this still isnt enough, subsequently my paypal account is now in the red, how do i dispute this?

What more proof could i possibly have that i sent the item and it was signed for?

Many thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Good grief thats appalling.

Contact paypal and appeal it, their own rules state you are covered if you get siggy proof of delivery.

I would be flippin jumping if it was me.

Don't be fobbed off, quote the user agreement to them and ask them why.

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IVSHINOBIVI
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent an email to paypal, still in the process of finding out how to appeal it with ebay, as it is ebay who have refunded the buyer and subsequently taken the money from my paypal account, its just link after link.

Im not sure who reviewed the case but it states "You did not provide us with sufficient tracking information", a tracking number along with a digital signature is not enough proof? Ye gods.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

emailing paypal is a waste of time, you need to use the options i gave you above.

however you did not say it was an ebay dispute, so its best to appeal it via ebay really.

ebay have a live chat option, have you tried that???

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

IVSHINOBIVI
Contributor
Contributor

In the process of doing that now, we'll see what happens.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.