Buyer Opened Case - Requesting Return

mikeport93
Contributor
Contributor
Buyer opened case request for partial refund because "item was not as described." I declined because it's 18 days later & over something very minimal. How do I offer "return the item for full refund" ? The only options I see are: Grant Full Refund Offer A Partial Refund Escalate This Dispure To Paypal Claim
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeport93

Put in as much information about the item as possible in your defence and escalate it to a claim.

Paypal may find in your favour and you won't have to have the item back or refund.

IF they find for the buyer then the buyer will have to return the item back to you first before you have to refund.

But as i said put in as much info as you can to show that you think the item was as described because to win the buyer has to prove it is ''significantly'' not as described.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mikeport93
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you. I requested to give seller full refund for returned item. Paypal sent this: (is this good? I know for a fact buyer won't send the item and was trying to scam me into keeping item/refund) "We completed our review and determined that your buyer is entitled to a refund for this transaction. To receive this refund, your buyer must return the item and provide us with shipping information that confirms delivery to you"
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mikeport93

Yes, if he does not prove with a tracking number that you received the item back then you should not have to refund and after a while the claim will time out.

But if he does send it back then you will have to refund.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.