#BankAccount no payment showing from paypal when I have sold something on Ebay

AliRansome
Contributor
Contributor

I have recently sold  few things on ebay and my paypal account says I have recieved the payment but no money has come in to my bank account.

Can anyone make sense of this for me?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

When a buyer pays you it goes into your paypal account balance.

Then you can click on withdraw funds when you want to and transfer it to any bank account you have linked to your paypal account setting up the direct debit mandate.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AliRansome
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that.

I have done as you say but it says there is no money in my balance.

any more ideas?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Yep got a few.

1. Do the payments show in your paypal payment transaction history? Is it just not in your balance?

2. Did you have an email to say your buyers paid?

3. Have you linked your ebay and paypal accounts?

4. Do you have a business account?

5. What does it say in your my ebay............and finally can you do this >>>

6. Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice.

7. Forgot one, is your email addy verified on your paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AliRansome
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

thanks again.

1. Do the payments show in your paypal payment transaction history? Is it just not in your balance? I can't work out where to find this.

2. Did you have an email to say your buyers paid? I have emails from ebay telling me the items have sold and copying me in to invoice but not telling me peope have paid. On ebay account I can see that they have paid.

3. Have you linked your ebay and paypal accounts? I assume so because I pay using PayPay when I buy on ebay

4. Do you have a business account? No

5. What does it say in your my ebay............and finally can you do this >>>

6. Go and find the transaction in your “my ebay” > click to the right where it says sell similar > don't fill in anything just scroll down to the payments section > look in the paypal box > is the email addy in there correct with no spelling mistakes? If so then it would have been wrong on your finished auctions so come back for more advice. That's all fine

7. Forgot one, is your email addy verified on your paypal account? How would I know? I assume so.

So, where do I go to from here? How can I get the funds in to my bank account?

I really appreciate you help

Ali

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

OK bit confusing because you said in your opening post that your paypal account says you have received the money but nothing in your balance........but later you say that there  is nothing in your transaction history or you can't find the transactions in there.

Can you double check that, go to your paypal summary page and does it say the buyers have paid??

You say you have not had any paypal emails to say they have paid but its marked as paid in your my ebay right??

The business account could be a problem as you are not supposed to sell on a personal account and there is no seller protection with a personal account, you need to upgrade to business account at some time but if you are not a registered business then select the "individual" option during the upgrade.

If you don't upgrade you can only accept x3 c.c.payments before they tell you to upgrade.

Now the biggie, you say you have checked the email addy on your auction but are you sure its correct without any spelling mistakes.

Finally this >>>>>>>>>>>..

Have you bought anything and paid for it via paypal since the payments should have gone in??

The reason i ask is that if you have funds in your paypal balance and then buy something then paypal will always take from those funds (as that is now the default funding source), rather than from your normal funding source eg bank account or card.

To check go and click on the word "details" next to any recent paypal buying transaction and see if they were funded from your paypal balance ie buyers payments rather than your normal funding source.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AliRansome
Contributor
Contributor
Aha! It's simple. Thank you. I have spent more than I earned! I didn't realise the money I had made sits in my paypal account and then I can use that ! Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.