BUYER CHANGED ADDRESS AFTER I SHIPPED ITEM

JVEL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I sold an item last week and the buyer paid immediatley and paypal postage print wasn't working so i copied and pasted the address and printed it off then off i went and posted it,

the problem is when i had no feedback after a few days i tracked this item and it said acceptance refused so i rang up parcelforce to find out what this means and they said it they tried to deliver the package to the address given on the package but the housholder wouldnt accept the parcel thats all they could tell me so i got back onto ebay and checked the address out again and it had changed and so had the address paypal had for delivery so confused i checked out both addresses on google maps and they are less than 2 miles from eachother and this has now got my suspicious and i dont know what to do about it or even if i can do anything about it parcelforce said they have a duty to try a redelivery the next working day and asked me if i wanted to change the delivery address to this new address we had but im unsure as to what to do about that like i said the buyer has paid but paypal have it pending so this could be some sort of scam to say it wasnt delivered and the buyer will get their money back and i will be left out of pocket without the item or the money and it was a pretty expensive item so i wont just sit back and let it get lost in parcelforce or accept that paypal will probably give the buyer a refund,

has anyone had to deal with this sort of thing before and if so should i be worried or is this just a common mistake from the buyer as i know i have not made a mistake as i have said i copied and pasted the address so it was exactly as it was on ebay and paypal at first until it change the buyer has over 2000 feedback with 100% and i have 25 with 100% so its a no brainer who paypal will believe even though i have kept the messeges i sent the buyer querying this and have had no reply at all 

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

stuffystuff
Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried to contact your buyer to say you shipped the item to the original address and asked the whether they have moved house?  Try this course of action first.  Explaining stuff to your buyer about what you have done (not that you think its a scam bit, obviously)  and they are kept informed of your actions they are less likely to file a claim against you.  You could also contact Ebay and ask their advice about how to handle this then at least you have got in first to explain the situation.  To contact Ebay log in to your account on the top righthand side there is a dropdown menu under  Customer Support.  Click on Contact Ebay, choose the reason and phone them up.  Ebay Customer Support People are very helpful and knowledgeable (I have found when I have phoned - other people may have had very different experiences and may also have very different opinions!) so they should be able to help you.

Login to Me Too

NailedIt12
New Community Member

I have the same problem, they are still using the same ID when they bid (thats who I sent it to) but now the name and address are different and they say they haven't received it. I let them know where I sent it to, the next thing it has excalated to a claim, I put my name and address on the back of parcel and have not received it back so I presume it was delivered to the original address.

Luckily my parcel is not expensive, wondering whether to just give them a refund and put it down to a bad experience, there is no way to explain the difficulty. I am so annoyed, Let us know how you get on, I am sure there are many people out there with a similar problem, and no way to solve it, Good luck 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.