Another Nigerian ebay/pay pal sam

hapy2balive
Contributor
Contributor

Listed a samsung galaxy S 5 mini for a bid around 150 selling price now of 250. Got an e-mail with this

..Is this item still available for sale,what is your final price and kindly text me back to me on my personal number (646) ***-****, so that can get back to you as soon as possible.

Further texting continued asking about the item number which was listed on e-bay a little weird to be asking about it and the details but some people need clarification. Then the story telling me that they will buy it for 350 including shipping send it through priority mail for a friend as a graduation present Over Sea. Next weird thing asking for the pay pal account instead of going through E-bay even more weird. Back & forth texts letting them know that I can only ship around friday them asking for the pay pall account and sure enough gave it to them still wondering why they didn't just go through e-bay.  Got even more  skeptical. Why pay a much higher ? price for something that was originally only $250?  Figured I would ask for the address to check where it's being shipped to and how much it would be. Got the address of west africa then after saying yes got the full address 31 ***** * * **, City:Surulero State:Lagos Zipcode +**** Country Nigeria. Something still didn't feel right. Got asked to get it of e-bay and wait for the pay pal to clear fast and then send it sounds great if it's sold why not. However nothing in pay pal and just to be safe asked him to proced through e-bay and it will send me $ a more secure way. No response well this is kind of weird look to pay pal absolutely nothing if they wanted the phone that much the $ would be pending in pay pay or even through e-bay but no such luck. starting looking into it and saw this scam. Just warning another number and address hope this prevents someome from falling for this sorry it sucks to not sell whatever you are selling but this is worse.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.