Am I protected in this situation?

amckibb1
Contributor
Contributor

Hey all,

I'm a first time seller and recently sold a computer GPU for 400USD through Ebay but I'm getting some red flags. The buyer has 0% feedback on ebay, has a non-confirmed adress, and payment is non-us-unconfirmed. The users profile has his location as the Russian Federation but the ship to address is a US address. Payment has been receicved but is being held(probably due to how new my ebay account is). Papal says OK to ship but I says I'm not elligible for seller's protection through paypal. 

Any feedback from more experienced ebay/paypal users on how protected I am in this case and how to proceed would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amckibb1

Noooooooooooooooooooo don't do it, big red flags.

You should really use your buyer blocks to reduce risk of scams on Ebay.

Also why would someone want something like that shipped to the U.S, don't they have secondhand computers over there??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@amckibb1

Noooooooooooooooooooo don't do it, big red flags.

You should really use your buyer blocks to reduce risk of scams on Ebay.

Also why would someone want something like that shipped to the U.S, don't they have secondhand computers over there??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

amckibb1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware of buyer blocks until after the item sold.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.