Am I being scammed? Please Help!

WallFlower94
Contributor
Contributor

So, someone bought my laptop on Ebay on Sunday and finally I get an email from him saying he wants me to send it out to his son in South Africa for his birthday and he couldn't edit the shipping adress on Ebay. Then, I get an email saying I was sent a payment. Funny enough I had an email from PayPal right below with a 'Trusted Sender' mark. This new one I was sent said service@paypal com without the dot from a sender "approvedcustomercare@mail[dot]com" and it looked offical but at the bottom is said 

"This PayPal®payment has been "APPROVED" and deducted from the buyer's account but will not be credited to your account until the proof of shipment or tracking number is sent to our customers service (approvedcustomercaremail@[dot]com) for shipment verification." 

It looks extra suspicious but this guy has a 100% rating on Ebay, 18 in total over the past year so I'm not sure what to think or do. I don't see any pending balance's on my account despite sending him a request for the money.  He wants me to send it out today and if it is a scam what do I do?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the below info as this is a scam, they use high-jacked ebay accounts to make themselves look genuine so let ebay know as well.   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Read the below info as this is a scam, they use high-jacked ebay accounts to make themselves look genuine so let ebay know as well.   >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Delete any emails and ignore the scammers.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

WallFlower94
Contributor
Contributor

Ah, this is all I needed to know. Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Your very welcome, one more scammer denied a victim    Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

jwrig121
New Community Member

Thanks for this Thread ! i've received the same message and email after this person brought my iphone ...

Just leave them negative feed back .

Login to Me Too

TheHolyDrumstic
New Community Member

glad i seen this comment

i litterally got the same message from one of my listings on ebay

thanks for saving me there

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.