Although ebay found in my favor the buyer has now put a claim in with PayPal

PaulReid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Hopefully someone out there can give me some advice

Sold an item on Ebay (private seller) p-force attempted delivery  no one in then sent to sorting office for the buyer to collect.He was very reluctant to collect or arrange re-delivery even though i gave him all the details he needed tracking no-name of the depot it was being kept  at telephone and website details to arrange redeivery.Due to the length of time it was there Parcelforce have arranged for it to be delivered back to me,i havnt got it back yet.The Buyer put a claim in with ebay as item not received which ebay made a final decision in my favor.I have told the buyer once i have it back then he can collect or he can pay the delivery charge and i will re-deliver it.

He has now put a claim in with paypal as a paypal dispute not an ebay dispute the monies being on hold

Any ideas what the final outcome will be ??

Sorry its long winded

Thanks in adavance

Paul

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulReid

As he has not got his item then he will probably win and get a refund.

But as you were going to refund him anyway and the item is on its way back to you then does it really matter?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PaulReid
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I had no intention of refunding him

i didnt arrange for redelivery to myself of the item.Parcelforce did this without my knowledge due to the length of time it had been at the sorting office not collected or redelivery to the buyer not arranged,by the buyer.It went through the dispute process with ebay which i won.as far as im concerned the buyer now owns the item and can arrange delivery or collection once the item has been delivered back to me

Thanks

Paul

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulReid

You can't have the item and the money, that is not fair.

If you get an item back then you are supposed to refund the buyer.

If you can't prove delivery of the item to the buyer then you will probably be forced to refund by paypal.

You just need to wait for the decision by paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PaulReid
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i agree with you

I dont want the item i just want the buyer to collect or arrange redelivery

thanks very much for your time

Paul

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PaulReid

You may just be forced to refund anyway.

Your welcome.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.