A buyer opened a dispute second time against the seller

Vaiva621
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, I have an issue. Currently I am in a middle of a claim that was initiated by the buyer. Though I shouldn't even be in one, because the buyer had opened up a dispute before and it was closed after 20 days. This is all for the same transaction. So how it was possible for the buyer to open a dispute again and take it to a claim? Because from what I have read on paypal webpages, it is not possible to open a dispute after it has been closed. I messaged paypal about this, but I only got a reponse saying that I need to write a response to the claim before time runs out, or it will be ruled to buyer's favor, which I already know. Moreover, I think that the buyer has fraudulent intent, because she is claiming that the item was not in the package, I found reviews on the buyer's ebay account left by other sellers saying that the buyer has no intention of paying. This is all so frustrating and no one can tell me why is this happening. I would have called up paypal ages ago, but at the moment I am not in the UK.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vaiva621

It was probably closed after 20 days as the buyer did not escalate it to a claim within the 20 day limit.

But paypal will sometimes re-open a dispute / claim if the buyer had a genuine reason for not escalating in time.

OR

it could be that the paypal claim timed out BUT the buyer then started a chargeback directly via their card issuer if they funded their paypal payment via a card.

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.