1st time seller, awaiting payment to clear

Jimthefox
Contributor
Contributor
Earlier this week I completed my first Sale on eBay, having previously only bought item's, the offer for the item was agreed on and as the buyer said that evening he'd collect it the following morning, which he did at the time specified, the payment should in my account but as pending, as the item was a fridge I'd stated that buyer collects, so no postage or delivery tracking needed, I've sent a message asking for the buyer to leave me feedback, of which I've yet to get a reply or see feedback left, As far as I am aware I've done everything I can my side, I'm just wondering how long do I have to wait for the funds to be accessible by me, as he's got the fridge and I presume benefitting from whilst I'm left with no fridge and as yet no payment available to me, Any advice on this and how long to wait and if possible how to speed thing's up, as money is much needed, Any help is much appreciated. Thanks Jim,
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimthefox

New seller hold that every new seller goes through.
Positive feedback is not one of the criteria for early release of funds.

Funds are normally released when TRACKING shows the item as delivered + 3 days.

All in the link below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/security/ebay-payments-learn-more

However I sell quite a bit of "collect" items and ebay allows you to put "cash on collection" only for those items and you can state in your auction terms no paypal payment.

This is because paypal offer no seller protection for items that are collected.

Then if a buyer pays via paypal i just refund them and re-state cash only. Then i get cash in hand plus the bonus of no paypal fee.

All you can do now is ask the buyer to contact customer services and see if they will release the funds sooner

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jimthefox
Contributor
Contributor
Thank You for your reply and advice, in hindsight It'd have been wise to seek advice ahead of placing the item for sale, whether that'd have been found via eBay's website, Google or contacting and asking a friend who could have told me the in's and outs of selling and receiving payment on eBay and PayPal, Least I know now for future reference to state cash on delivery or when collecting, As far as I can make out there is nothing more I can or need to do my side, apart from just wait for feedback to be posted and acknowledgement of receipt of the good's and bide my time for money to clear, as long as that's the only inconvenience I can live with that, and mark it down as a lesson learnt, Whilst on subject could you tell me once this is cleared and done and dusted, the next time I sell a item would it still be a case of waiting potentially 21 day's or is this purely for first time sellers and first transaction? Jim 🙂
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jimthefox

That info is all in the link i posted above, best you read it as it contains good advice.

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RBragg
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Jim I'm currently having the same problem can I ask what was the outcome? And how long it took?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.