Shipping Tip: USPS Regional Rate Boxes

Bellissima

Love these! In many cases, they've saved me as much as $4 per shipment (over Flat Rate Priority Mail).

The Regional Rate Boxes are based on zoned pricing, come in 2 sizes (with each size available in either side-load or top-load) and are usually delivered in 2 business days. The boxes are free, but I've found they're best ordered online - our local PO doesn't keep any in stock.

The shipping labels for the Regional Boxes can only be printed online, and prices start at $4.97 including Delivery Confirmation.

I'm thrilled that PayPal added the Flat Rate envelope to our shipping options, and hope they add these Regional Rate boxes soon.

Thanks and Happy Selling!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

RN47
Contributor
Contributor

Agree that they are a savings and the free Regional A and B boxes are convenient. Please note that the rate is less for Regional A if over 2 lbs. and Regional B if over 3 lbs. Regular Priority Mail rate up to 2 lbs is less than Regional A and up to 3 lbs for Regional B. Not a big difference, but if you have lots of boxes to ship it can make a difference in the shipping postage.

Login to Me Too

Bellissima

It's true - weight is a huge factor, since Regional Rate Boxes are not Flat Rate.

But since I'm shipping relatively light but bulky items that require large-ish size boxes (like 10x7x5 or 12x10x5), the Regional Rate Boxes have been a more economical choice for me than shipping by either Priority Flat Rate or Priorty Mail package.

Thank you!

Login to Me Too

ILoveJesus
Contributor
Contributor

Do ya'll know there is a flat rate envelope that is already padded inside with bubble-wrap.  You can get them free at usps.com.  I love them - then my item is already protected.  Lee

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.