Sellers in a NO WIN status, when shipping over-seas using ebay shipping!

Example:  Shipping a $30.00 package to Canada or where ever thru Ebay, you receive your TRACKING SHIPPING LABEL / CUSTOME LABEL, showing you shipped same to the correct address.  Take your package to the Post Ofc. for shippment and get a receipt, showing the same package was shipped by them with the same shipping label that Ebay gave you for tracking.  Once the package leaves the U.S. , tracking stops, unless Canada or whatever  country you are shipping to keeps up with the tracking.......   The BUYER claims never received, and files a CLAIM against the SELLER.  Now the Seller has proff with tracking ( He or She )  mailed but not that the BUYER received the package,  so the SELLER loses the CLAIM for $30.00 plus the package shipped.  The only way to avoid this lost is to  have insurance ( if possible )  ~ which is costly and usually not possible, or ship it in such away you have  CONFIRMATION PROOF, which will probably cost you $15.00 TO $30.00 or MORE, so that is out of the question. Does anyone HAVE THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM,  or is it we don't ship over-seas ???????  MAYBE  EBAY/PAYPAL should come up with a plan for us SELLERS THAT HAVE IMPECABLE HISTORYS, SO WE DON'T HAVE TO BITE THE BULLET ???????

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

recordman995
New Community Member

This is a problem for me as well.  I sell many items in the 3 to  7 dollar range.  The only way my customers want these shipped is via 1st Class Int.  which is 95% of the time not a problem getting there.  BUT when there is a problem the only proof I have is the Declaration form with the date stamp from the post office, and the customs number.  Fortunately for me almost all the time a claim has been made on a package that didn't arrive has taken long enough that before the money is taken from my account the package does arrive.  HINT....when the eBay process asks you for a tracking number, WHICH is NOT EVEN available, just type in the number on the declaration form from the post office.  That usually buys me enough time for the package to arrive.

Login to Me Too

RN47
Contributor
Contributor

Best bet is to use the ShipSaver Insurance that will insure packages shipped by USPS First Class Mail International (FCMI) for all packages under 4 lbs. All the proof that is needed is that the USPS has processed the shipment at their sorting center in country, the label LJ######US is the tracking number that will (most of the time) let you know if the package has left the US. Once out of country there is no tracking, not even to Canada. Insurance with ShipSaver is only $1 for $100 coverage and it covers the shipping cost also. ShipSaver or InkFrog is part of the eBay application that you can sign up and only pay when you use the insurance. Insurance coverage is only valid to approved countries, which is most of Europe, Canada and some Latin American countries. There is a list provided of countries that are excluded from insurance coverage. When faced with orders from excluded countries, you spell out the terms that shipment is at their own risk or you don't ship. My advice is avoid dealing with shipping to countries that are in the exclusion list. It's not worth the sale! Their post office system is no where as sophisticated as in the US and most postal employees in those countries are corrupt and the package may never get to it's final destination. We ship items worldwide and have not yet had a problem and we stick to the exclusion list from ShipSaver.

Login to Me Too

Krowner
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with RN47 mostly. It depends on what you are shipping.

Shipsaver is probably the best insurance out there that I know of. Claims are processed quickly and paid directly to your paypal account.

But like any insurance company they dont want to lose money. If too many packages are lost they will likely give you an ultimatum to either ship exclusively using an upgraded shipping option, or lose the insurance option.

Even when sticking with the list of allowed countries, I have still had problems with FCMI. Dozens of my packages went missing in the last 3 months. Knowing that the axe would likely fall soon, I changed to Express mail international.

Login to Me Too

RobGuitar777

where can I find a current list of excluded countries? I tried to insure a package sent to Russia, but it wouldn't let me... 

Login to Me Too

Krowner
Contributor
Contributor

When you add insurance you will be rquired to check a box that states "

By checking this box, I certify that the item(s) that I am shipping is/are NOT in the excluded countries or items list and I agree to the coverage conditions"

There will be a link in that message to see the excluded countries list.

Just to save you the trouble here is the list:

The following countries are NOT covered by this insurance! Shipments sent to Afghanistan, Angola, Bolivia, Burma, Congo, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire), Liberia, Mexico (Truck/rail shipments to and within other than as a connecting conveyance), Nigeria, North Korea, Paraguay, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Venezuela. Any location that would be in violation of any U.S. economic or trade sanctions including OFAC Restricted Countries. For shipments to Russian and other Commonwealth of Independent States countries (includes Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan) coverage ceases upon touchdown of the aircraft at the airport of destination or upon discharge from the overseas vessel at the destination discharge port.

Login to Me Too

USprefilter
New Community Member

Even though there is a market for US made products, we will not accept orders from out side of the US. We have read too many times about products that for whatever reason do not make it to the buyer. We sell at such a small profit that returning the postage and product cost to even 5% of foreign customers would impact us.

http://usprefilter.com

Login to Me Too

Daan
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an example of package lost and no way this will come trough, and Basicly I am out $400. Looks like the delivery man read the content on the package label and deceided to keep it or sell it.

Ebay will not investigate till after 30 days, Dont know what Paypal can do yet. Will investigate.

Just an example of shipping international.

Daan

Detailed Results:

BulletItem Lost - Origin Post contacted, December 08, 2011, 7:42 pm, NETHERLANDS
BulletArrival at Post Office, December 08, 2011, 11:38 am, NETHERLANDS
BulletArrival at Post Office, December 08, 2011, 10:49 am, NETHERLANDS
BulletCustoms clearance processing complete, December 08, 2011, 5:53 am, NETHERLANDS
BulletCustoms clearance processing complete, December 08, 2011, 12:05 am, NETHERLANDS
BulletCustoms Clearance, December 02, 2011, 12:31 pm, NETHERLANDS
BulletProcessed Through Sort Facility, December 02, 2011, 12:30 pm, NETHERLANDS
BulletProcessed Through Sort Facility, November 28, 2011, 12:29 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
BulletArrived at Sort Facility, November 28, 2011, 12:29 am, ISC LOS ANGELES CA (USPS)
BulletDepart USPS Sort Facility, November 27, 2011, SAN DIEGO, CA 92199
BulletProcessed through USPS Sort Facility, November 26, 2011, 10:39 pm, SAN DIEGO, CA 92199
BulletElectronic Shipping Info Received, November 26, 2011
Login to Me Too

fdot07
Contributor
Contributor

that **bleep** did you end up getting any money back???

Did you insure it ???

Login to Me Too

Viziotech
New Community Member

This is tru and happend to me 3 times already and one coming up for $199.00 customer Claim never got it. Customer said still waithing for the package. and the tracking stop on Dec. What can I do to stop This Ebay and Payapl should star offering DHL for international more cheap and realible. Compare to UPS and Fedex I think Dhl is better for the fees tey charge are low. Please integrate DHL. Thank you

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.