Email suspeito

nelsont777
Novo membro da Comunidade
(english translation below)

Olá,

3 dias atrás eu recebi o email abaixo. Verifiquei na conta e o dinheiro está lá. Na verdade é uma transação que posso recusar.
Pesquisei um pouco na internet e vi que existem fraudes como a relatada no site abaixo que usam essa metodologia.
https://independenttribune.com/business/someone-accidentally-sent-you-money-watch-out-for-this-scam/...
Fica ainda mais estranho pq a quantia é praticamente o valor da taxa de transação.
Então eu encaminhei o email para o email informado na seção de ajuda (alerta arroba paypal...), mas não obtive resposta. Hj pensando que poderia ser pq o assunto da mensagem estava vazio reenviei mudando o assunto. Então vi esta comunidade e resolvi perguntar pra vcs:

Devo recusar a transação ou isso pode dar algum tipo de informação a um usuário malicioso ?

Hello,

3 days ago I received the email below. Checked my account and the money is there. In reality it's a transaction I can refuse.
I searched a bit and saw that there are scams as the one described in the site below that use this method.
https://independenttribune.com/business/someone-accidentally-sent-you-money-watch-out-for-this-scam/...
It's even stranger as the value is practically the amount of the transaction tax. 
So I sent the email to the email mentioned in the help section (alerta at paypal...) but didn't get any response. Today thinking that it could be because the subject is empty I sent it again changing subject. Then I saw this community and decided to ask you:

Should I refuse the transaction or this can send some kind of information to a malicious user ?

Nelson Teixeira

---------- Forwarded message ---------
De: Ken Dante kenstoppable514 at gmail.com
Date: ter., 9 de mar. de 2021 às 10:28
Subject:
To: nelson777 at gmail.com

I accidentally send you my 0.33 dollars..I am just a student kindly please send me back ..please sir .Thank u Godbless,
Login to Me Too
1 RESPONDER 1

VituVP
Colaborador
Colaborador
Voce pode recusar o pagamento ja que ele diz que foi por engano Se vc deixar pendente , ele é recusado em 30 dias. Voce nao sera cobrado de nenhuma taxa
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.