www.abouteveryone.com using paypal to collect extortion money

IROC4LIFE
New Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I wanted to bring attention to the extortion website www.abouteveryone.com, which is allowing for the anonymous posting of comments, against all facebook and twitter users profiles. This is clearly a slander/extortion website, as you can "pay $19" to remove said profiles. If you do not, the entire internet will be able to post things about you, anonymously. 

I was shocked to discover, that paypal is the method of choice for collection of this extorsion money!!!!!!

Is this not a violation of the Terms of Service/Law?

Hope this bring attention to the situation. 

Regards

Login to Me Too
18 REPLIES 18

DeDee
Contributor
Contributor

This site is a scam and my daughters profile pic is enlarged along with this being done through hatred. This site is  clearly a bully site and because of this i can't believe paypal is allowing these scammers to collect money to have a profile removed. $12.00 yearly to keep my daughters profile of hatered off this site. This is crazy. Young teens are commiting suicide over bullying and i am sure paypal wouldn't want to be a part of this. Hopefully paypal reads this and has no part in helping to collect the money for these scammers.

Login to Me Too

sundaygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please tell me how you were able to reach the company to remove the profile? They don't reply when I email. I would like to have a profile removed. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Gabbyf

The abouteveryone.com is simply an extorsion site. I did a bit of investigation and figured it out that the site is posting fake negative comments hoping that I (the victim) will pay for this my profile to be removed.

Anyone who reads this comment please do not pay!

According to http://www.websitelooker.com/www/abouteveryone.com this site was creaated on 2011-02-19 but my first comment was posted on 2011-02-10 which crealy demonstrates that the site is trying to cheat out money from you...

Do you have any idea how to report the site for abuse or similar fraud?

Gabbyf

Login to Me Too

Gabbyf

Besides, if you check your profile every day, the number of Like/dislike increases exponentially for each of these system generatet destructive comments.... I am wondering how will our kids recognize these artful dodges before they react to these things?

Gabbyf

Login to Me Too

coser
New Community Member

ok yes this website is a big scam and guys try to log on ur facebook url with a different  browser that u didnt login to ur facebook before like  instead of explorer try mozzilla and check ur URL again U will see that ur comments on abouteveryone will dissapear so that means they know that u login ur facebook and they know you are checking ur own URL and becaouse of that they re faking some comments like  dont trust this guy  ETC.. so it all for fooling u dont belive it.

Login to Me Too

Gabbyf

Amazing... thank coser. I will try out the steps you described just to make sure that what you say is true... I really appreciate your comment. Hope a lot of people will read it. Happy Holidays!

Login to Me Too

bbanner
Contributor
Contributor

Hey I tried logging into my facebook using a different browser but the same URL address comes up.  I even canceled my facebook account and reopened it using a different browser and still have the same URL address.  I checked back on abouteveryone.com and the comments are still there.  Any suggesions?

Login to Me Too

KimJN
New Community Member

Same is happening to my sisters daughter and the bullying is intense.  To have to pay to remove the profile in my opinion is a scam.  That site should be blacklisted by Paypal. It seems the site does not have contact details until you go and pay for it to be removed which violates fair trading ... regards and be very aware that facebook is linked to that site

Login to Me Too

sundaygirl
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please tell me how you were able to reach the company www.abouteveryone.com to remove the profile? How did you pay on Pay Pal - using what info to pay them, etc.??? Emailing does not reply to my emails. I would like to have a profile removed. Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.