Will not verify Bank Account

Cynamin
New Community Member

I have tried and tried and tried but paypal continuously states that my bank account information is incorrect. I am entering all the fields properly since I even went down to my bank and ask for the information for each specific field to make sure I was doing it right. How do I fix this???

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Cynamin -

I'm sorry to hear you're  having problems confirming the bank account.  When you register the bank, here are some tips:

• The name on the bank account must match the name on your PayPal account
  • Check with the bank to ensure you have the correct 5-digit branch transit number, 3-digit institution number, and account number for EFT transfers
  • You are listing the bank correctly as checking or savings
  • The bank account is denominated in CAD only
  • If you have a Caisse Populaire Desjardins, include th control/check digit at the end of the account number

Hope this helps,

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

zx6man
New Community Member

I too have just had this problem. Typing in the account number correctly  in the proccess of changing my password. Yet it says what i`m entering is in correct.. Why? I`m typing in the number directly off my invoice. until i`m able to change my password,my account is vunerable.

Login to Me Too

Temp20220228xa
Contributor
Contributor

I have been utterly unhappy with pay pal at every step of this my sole transaction!  Not only do I have same issue, but this is just the latest.  No one I've dealt with has yet show the least amount of interest in FLAWS inherent in the "service".  I've not gotten an acknowledgement or apology.  No one on the front line shows the least trace of interest in how easily a company's reputation can be ruined.

As a small-biz owner I'm personally invested in my reputation.  A "good" representation is not earned by merely doing the thing you claim you do!  A good rep is only earned by going beyond the customer's expectations.  My client is in Japan, I was frankly mislead by the claims of this company, as was he.  At one point, through the unrepentant shoddiness of this company,  MY COMPANY'S REPUTATION and my own was jeopardized.  I had to go to great lengths to persuade him that I WAS NOT ATTEMPTING TO CHEAT HIM.

I found, as with EACH problem which is forced upon me, that the so-called help through the site is so unhelpful one is almost inclined to think it designed to be so!   I chose to phone, I made the phone operator aware of fact that not only was my experience of any benefit to me BUT HAD BEEN ACTIVELY HARMFUL.  sensing in her not the slightest understanding of the "reputation concept", I asked that my issue, (Yes NOTHING was addressed by the call either) be passed on to a supervisor.  I DEMANDED that my call be returned within hours due to the fact that international timeliness were an issue......That was on the 26th of June.

Paypal Inc. May not have a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs,  but I am certain that some one at the executive level will understand the link with customer satisfaction to the RETENTION of their custom, on to reputation.  I WILL FIND SUCH A PERSON AND THEIR CONTACT INFO and have a discussion on the topic of the amazing speed with which a company's reputation can be DESTROYED by ONE customer's enthusiasm to seek redress in that form, and over the equally amazing ease with which that enthusiasm could have been averted, and the plenitude of opportunities to do so were squandered.

I am acquainted with such a great number of fellow small business owner's.  I have advised against associating with papal and will continue to do so unless I receive REAL evidence of remorse, for the terrible service and the CONTINUING COST of it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.