Why am I getting email telling me to check my account when I have a $0 balance?

dguertin
Contributor
Contributor

I get email telling me my account statement is ready, yet I have a $0 balance and don't want to be notified unless I have a non-zero balance.  There doesn't appear to be any way to control email settings.  Also, at this Community Help Forum, I was NOT presented with a "Post" button on the main page, nor were there any instructions in Help about how to do a Post.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the report!  I'll check on the Post a Topic button then - it should be up by the search bar, but it won't appear if you're replying to another post.  You can also locate the forum FAQ here; it has all the different instructions on how to move about and use the Community.

As for the account statement - as a payment processor, we're required to automatically generate reports for accounts every so often and make them available, even if the balance is zero and there hasn't been any activity.  Since we only deliver them electronically, we're also required to notify you that those statements are available for review. 

This is similar to if you have a credit card and don't use it.  Even if you don't put a charge on the card, they'll still send a statement every so often.  The same process also applies if you're able to opt for electronic statements - they will notify you whenever a new statement is available.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

dguertin
Contributor
Contributor

Adrian, thanks for the reply.  I found the "Post" button; it just wasn't obvious since I was looking below the Search box.  As for the statements, I understand, but would ask for ONE minor alteration... If there's a 0 balance, indicate that in the email notice.  Basically, state either "You have a non-zero balance", or "You have a zero balance".  That's not giving away too much information, but is sufficient to recognize the need to view the actual report.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

I think that's excellent feedback - I will make certain it gets to the right people.  I appreciate your understanding, and thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.