Seller made me wait well over the 45 days. Now I can't dispute it for a refund : /

GoldHoarder
Contributor
Contributor

The seller led me on to believe that I should keep waiting even though I contacted him within the 45 day period, i cannot dispute this non-receipt problem.  I wasn't aware that the case had to be opened within that timeframe and now I can't dispute something I brought up with the seller anyway before the due date.

I would like to ask PayPal if sellers are allowed to keep buyers waiting just so the 45 days run out.

The item I purchased never arrived, it was a BluRay movie, and around the time I purchased from this seller, I also purchased other BluRay movies from other sellers and they arrived within 2 weeks.

What gives?

I think that if there was a correspondence between the buyer/seller within the 45 days, and the correspondence shows that the seller was dragging on the buyer to wait for the malicious intent of pocketing free money, PayPal and eBay should investigate it further.  I am pretty certain this guy deliberately did this and now I'm like $26 out of pocket.

Completely not a fair policy as it stands right now.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

rosegrif111
New Community Member

I agree it happened to me as well by a seller out of China, I lost my money and he claimed that I was harassing him Paypal did nothg to help me! I got nothing better from Ebay either...lost over 100$

Login to Me Too

patbach
New Community Member

well I just got scammed the same way. Shipping is expected to take 3-4weeks, you're patient, you wait. Then the guy says "oh don't worry I'll gonna check with the post office blablabla". Give the guy the benefit of the doubt..  Then you start to get suspucious and paypal "OH LOL TO LATE".

wtf is this 45days piece of **bleep**...

I lost over 350$

Login to Me Too

regularshmo
Contributor
Contributor

same thing happened with me.  seller kept telling me to wait and now that dispute time is up, won't respond to email or phone.  seller is spooky boutique. beware.  paypal should be more helpful. had i paid by credit card they would have reimbursed. shame shame.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.