Scam?

1968Camaro
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,
Last night I posted an ad with my car for sale. After talking with one gentleman and negotiating price I recieved this Email ( posted immediately below.) It seems like a scam, however I can't see how I could be in trouble since I am the seller, and not the buyer. Let me know please, are there any downfalls to me accepting this offer.

"I will be buying this for the price you have mentioned.Payment will be sent using PayPal and i will handle the PayPal surcharge as well.I will arrange with a shipping company to have this picked up for your location once i make the payment, as i am out of town at the moment.In the meantime,can you send me more pictures (if available)?
Regards "

Thanks for your help everyone. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Adrian
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

1968Camaro,

Welcome to the Community!

I would recommend checking out some of our other members posts located in this thread.  A great deal of the message you received is not only formatted similar to their reports, but seems to match some of the other behaviors they've reported.

Thanks!

Adrian

Was my post helpful? If so, please give me a kudos!

Did my post solve the issue? If so, please accept it as a solution!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.