Is this Paypal research email legit?

Sue_M123
New Community Member

Hi

I received an email from "PayPal" addressed to me (first and last name), asking that I go to *removed* and participate in a research thing, with a chance to win $1000. I am suspicious. I downloaded and installed Iconix (using gmail mail client) but it doesn't work (even with it's own "verify your installation" email).

The web address is clearly paypal-research.com, but lots of companies use secondary web addresses for user surveys. I am not clicking any links or opening the website until I get more info. I've Googled the address, but it's unclear whether it's a scam, just from the Google results.

So, is this PayPal research emai legit?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Sue_M123,

I'm glad that you are cautious about email links like this. Thank you for checking! 🙂

I can confirm that paypal-research.com is a PayPal owned website and is used for surveys.  If you ever receive an fake email or you're not sure if an email is fake, please forward it to spoof@paypal.com.

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.