bur the mail is comming with gmail account

can you tell me if its normal or not ?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Andy

louis57- I saw the copy of the email that you originally submitted, and that is NOT from PayPal.  Beyond the fact that it came from a gmail account (which isn't going to happen if it's legitimate), the link goes to a generic IP address. And in most cases we don't have links anyway.  If you clicked on that or provided any information, you'll want to run a virus scan and change your PayPal password as it's possible someone may have gotten that information.

Andy

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

hbrboy
Contributor
Contributor

i hope so cause i just recieved the same email...it looked real

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Andy

louis57- I saw the copy of the email that you originally submitted, and that is NOT from PayPal.  Beyond the fact that it came from a gmail account (which isn't going to happen if it's legitimate), the link goes to a generic IP address. And in most cases we don't have links anyway.  If you clicked on that or provided any information, you'll want to run a virus scan and change your PayPal password as it's possible someone may have gotten that information.

Andy

Login to Me Too

louis57
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your information andy but  i think its too late for me,

I just have clicked to post(show) the images which  were blocked by hotmail

However, I am to enter again in my paypall account and everything seems correct.

What would be my best options for there to be sure ?

change my password or open a new account ?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

louis57-  First, I would recommend running a virus scan just to make sure you didn't pick up anything unsavory when you clicked there.  If everything's fine (or once it is), I would recommend going to PayPal and changing your password and security questions through the 'Profile' link.  Make sure the password you use is brand new and hasn't been used anywhere else and you should be fine.  Just keep an eye on your PayPal account for any unauthorized charges, and if you see any, let us know ASAP.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Crowbar011
Contributor
Contributor

OK sorry for posting this here but i am very very annoyed with paypal at the moment i have been searching the internet for ages looking for a way to contact someone for paypal and i am finding it hard to figure out how to even post on these forums because it does not even have the option to! PAYPAL have been taking 5 payments from my account without telling me and my card is being denied over and over again. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME.

Login to Me Too

scotiagirl
New Community Member

Hi all I recieved the same email. This is what it said ...........

Dear PayPal Costumer,

It has come to our attention that your PayPal® account information needs to be updated as part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce the instance of fraud on our website. If you could please take 5-10 minutes out of your online experience and update your personal records you will not run into any future problems with the online service.

However, failure to update your records will result in account suspension. Please update your records before August 23, 2011

Once you have updated your account records, your PayPal® account activity will not be interrupted and will continue as normal.

Click here to update your PayPal account information 

When you click on link it takes you to another web site not PayPal

Login to Me Too

bonzo905
New Community Member

The following is a copy of the e-mail I recieved. Looks good, right? Even the grammar is decent, Smiley Very Happy! When I hover over the link, it wants to go to "fedoroffka.ru". I know it's fake and you guys see this alot, my question is, does PayPal collect these e-mails in any way, like most banks do? To use to improve security, criminal prosecution, assist SEAL teams to nuke the buggers, etc?

Notification of Limited Account Access

You are receiving this email notification because We Recently noticed one or more attempts to log into your PayPal account from foreign IP address and we have reasons to believe that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

We have placed a restriction on your account as a precaution.
To lift the restriction and get back into your PayPal account, you'll need to follow the instructions.

It's easy:

1. Click Restore your account now below to open a secure browser window.
2. Confirm that you're the owner of the account, and then follow the instructions.

Restore your account now

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary suspension. We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible.
Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.

Thank you
The PayPal Team.

Your notification preferences are set to receive the PayPal Periodical newsletter and Product Updates when you create a PayPal account. PayPal will not sell or rent any of your personally identifiable information to third parties
Copyright 1999-2011 PayPal. All rights reserved.
Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.

PayPal Email ID PP587
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Andy

Sorry for the delay folks, here's the answers to your questions:

Crowbar011- If you click "Contact Us" on your PayPal account, it'll give you the option to call us. That'll give you a number as well as a pin number for quicker verification when you call in.

scotiagirl and bonzo905-  Those are both definitely not legitimate PayPal emails.  If you actually clicked on the links, I would suggest following the same instructions I provided to louis57 earlier, just to make sure nothing bad happens with your account.  And bonzo905, we absolutely do like to keep track of these things!  If you'd just forward the entire email to spoof@paypal.com, we'll look it over and send you back an email confirming it's spoof, and hopefully we can use that to catch those trying to use PayPal's name to bad effect.

Andy

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.