How Do I Request A Refund?

DivineJennifer
New Community Member

How do I request a refund for a PayPal purchase?

The help questions answer how to send a refund but not how to ask for one.

Thanks,

DJ

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi DivineJennifer, and welcome to the forums!

The most likely way would be email. The email address for the person you paid is in your transaction history. You can send them an email to open the lines of communication and let them know that you would like a refund, and why. If you purchased the item from a website, you can also look through the website to see if there is a Customer Service number to call. If it was an eBay purchase, you can use the messaging within the eBay system to contact them, too.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

karren
Contributor
Contributor

I really need help.  i need a refund of our money from an ebay sale.  the purchase was for 61.00 and the buyer sold it to the next person on the list after he knew we were buying the purchase.  now we are out the money and dont have the item..  i tried to cancel the transaction but couldnt figure out how.  this is the second post i have put and no one responded to the first..  i need that money back ....   what do i do...  i have told him that he needs to send the money back but he will not respond to me now.  pls help me!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi karren,

If you've tried the steps above and the seller remains uncooperative or unresponsive, you can click the link in My eBay to file a dispute, or you can click the link in the transaction details in PayPal to file a dispute.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.