Dispute - Return shipping cost more than actual item. Scam?

gabpower
Contributor
Contributor

I bought two vinyl records from a merchant and hey were supposed to be rare limited colors but I got the standard black vinyl wich is widely available. The seller wants me to ship them back to the US for a refund but refuses to pay for my shipping cost from Canada so I open a claim with PayPal for a refund. PayPal asks me to ship the items back to France instead of the US so now my $40 item will cost about $70 to ship. So the seller can obviously scam the buyers by shipping the wrong advertised item and knowing that people will not ship them back. PayPal is clearly not protecting me right here, once again... what a let down. Anything I can do to have my money back?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

mike66

I have the same problem and i agree with your statement that " the seller can obviously scam the buyers by shipping the wrong advertised item and knowing that people will not ship them back. PayPal is clearly not protecting me right here, once again... what a let down." ... VERY DISAPOINTED by PAYPAL !!!

Login to Me Too

waystland
New Community Member

send it back COD....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.