Credit cart problem.

raphqc16
Contributor
Contributor

hello,

I wanted to add a credit card (visa), but it tells me that my credit card is already has another acosier Count paypal, which is false, I would like to know how to solve this problem, thank you.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@AngelEvie wrote:

Think I may have the same problem, except mine is with a MC. I tried to input the data to put my card onto paypal, but i get a message saying that the card I am trying to use is already on another account. I know this can't be because this is the only account that both me and my husband use. Can you please help?

AngelEvie;

You may want to check to see if you're inputting the numbers correctly. If you are, then you may want to check your account statement to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions on your card. If you're putting the card in right, and your account is okay, then you should call in to the Customer Service Center.

Log in to your PayPal account, find the "Contact Us" link and click; you'll get a "Web PIN" number and a Phone number into a Customer Service Representative. The Web PIN is only good for 60 minutes, so make sure you use it wehn you're ready to call. If you don't, make sure you follow the procedure again to generate another Web PIN when you're ready to call. This will help identify you and your account to the Customer Service Representative after you help verify it is you and your account. Once you have, explain your problem, and they should be able to assist you.

If the CSR can't assist you, then ask to speak to a Supervisor. One point of advice I would give is to remain calm and cool - it will only serve you in the end. You won't end up agitating yourself to the point of pulling your own hair out, and the CSR/Supervisor won't grow frustrated in trying to speak with you, and it's more likely that you'll get the kind of resolution you're looking for.

The likelihood you can get this sorted out quickly is fairly high, I think. I've found that when I use the Web PIN, I generally get a high degree of Customer Service with really helpful people who are really looking out for your best interests in working with PayPal. My history with this is also that the resolution has come about reasonably quickly if I can show my problem quickly, which is easy when you use the PIN (they seem to have access to the problem right away, but maybe that's just the nature of the problems I was experiencing).

Wishing you the best of luck;

Raven

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@raphqc16 wrote:

hello,

I wanted to add a credit card (visa), but it tells me that my credit card is already has another acosier Count paypal, which is false, I would like to know how to solve this problem, thank you.

Hi raphqc16;

I'm sorry, I can't quite make out what you're asking - if I am correct (and I am not sure I am) you're saying there is another Pay Pal account associated with your credit card and that Paypal account is false, and you'd like to know what to do about it? Is that right?

If not, please take a moment to think about how you would like to phrase what you would like to say, and then let us know again what you mean. If I dont' know the answer someone will (and I'm sure someone else will!)!

Waiting to hear from you,

Raven

Login to Me Too

cat87
New Community Member

I hooked up credit card to Paypal shortly ago tonite. How long does it take to be able to use it.i am new to this But learning.thanks for answer

Login to Me Too

Babyana1981
New Community Member
I have exactly the same problem, is there any way you guys can help I'm trying to pay for something and won't accept my card, please help me thanks
Login to Me Too

AngelEvie
New Community Member

Think I may have the same problem, except mine is with a MC. I tried to input the data to put my card onto paypal, but i get a message saying that the card I am trying to use is already on another account. I know this can't be because this is the only account that both me and my husband use. Can you please help?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Raveninred
Contributor
Contributor

@AngelEvie wrote:

AngelEvie;

You may want to check to see if you're inputting the numbers correctly. If you are, then you may want to check your account statement to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions on your card. If you're putting the card in right, and your account is okay, then you should call in to the Customer Service Center.

Log in to your PayPal account, find the "Contact Us" link and click; you'll get a "Web PIN" number and a Phone number into a Customer Service Representative. The Web PIN is only good for 60 minutes, so make sure you use it wehn you're ready to call. If you don't, make sure you follow the procedure again to generate another Web PIN when you're ready to call. This will help identify you and your account to the Customer Service Representative after you help verify it is you and your account. Once you have, explain your problem, and they should be able to assist you.

If the CSR can't assist you, then ask to speak to a Supervisor. One point of advice I would give is to remain calm and cool - it will only serve you in the end. You won't end up agitating yourself to the point of pulling your own hair out, and the CSR/Supervisor won't grow frustrated in trying to speak with you, and it's more likely that you'll get the kind of resolution you're looking for.

The likelihood you can get this sorted out quickly is fairly high, I think. I've found that when I use the Web PIN, I generally get a high degree of Customer Service with really helpful people who are really looking out for your best interests in working with PayPal. My history with this is also that the resolution has come about reasonably quickly if I can show my problem quickly, which is easy when you use the PIN (they seem to have access to the problem right away, but maybe that's just the nature of the problems I was experiencing).

Wishing you the best of luck;

Raven

Login to Me Too

erik_lachance
New Community Member

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.