Bought a counterfeit item. Case closed?

Kip1985
Contributor
Contributor

I recently bought a Metallica box set from Korea. It cost me $69.99 US, and looked to be of exceptional value when looking at the pictures of it. However, when I received it, it appeared to be a counterfeit item. Their were absolutely no barcodes on the item, add the fact that several albums were missing from inside this "Brand New" set, as well.

I opened a claim against the buyer, hoping to get my money back for this fraudulent item, but my case was closed, reason being something to the effect of PayPal only disputes packages not received, not items recieved differently than described. I wrote to PayPal and am waiting a response back. What do you think I should do in the meantime? Also, the seller has not wrote back after several tries to contact them.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DemonoidMaster
Contributor
Contributor

Actualy, when you file a claim or escalate it to a dispute the whole process can also apply to "received wrong item" as in "This is not what i **bleep**ing paid for, i want my **bleep** $$ back now!!!"

So just open a claim and then escalate it to a dispute and give them all available info about your payment, the item etc etc.

they should be able to help

Login to Me Too

commonsenseDUH
New Community Member

Did you serisouly think you were going to get a real genuine set for that price?

Not only that, but its coming from KOREA.. never buy anything international if you don't want bootlegs. and if its that important, what the **bleep** are you doing shopping on ebay ? lol seriously! your shopping at the wrong place.

If you want GENUINE 100% authentic merchandise, buy it directly from the manufacturer or an authorized seller.

Use your head, its simple COMMON SENSE! geez...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.