withdraw money after PayPal account close

syntaxedits
New Community Member

My PayPal account got permanently limited and I had 30 eur in there, how can I withdraw money? I am outside of the US and adding a bank didn't work.

Please help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@syntaxedits 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@syntaxedits 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

OsoseOtoide
New Community Member

I have the exact same issue. I have over 900 Pounds in the account. and It has been over 180 days. Please how did you resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too

DPS2022
Contributor
Contributor

We're in the same boat - except ours is over £23k.

The 180 day anniversary has passed. Click on the Transfer Money icon and get the utterly meaningless and generic response below.

DPS2022_0-1663945164253.png

It's been doing the same for over two weeks now. Try to contact them and get the automated response (i.e. no one can even be bothered to read the emails you send in) stating that "Unfortunately, our decision to close your account is final" - which clearly isn't what I'm asking.

I know the account is closed. You've told me that again and again. You've forced upon us this ridiculous 180-day limit where we cannot access OUR funds and yet even when that date elapses, we still cannot gain access to transfer the balance.

Utterly shocking business practice paired with abysmal customer services. Definitely looking for alternatives after this.

Oh, and how do we claim back on the interest that you've made on OUR money in the last six months as well? Must be a good addition to the bottom line that you're making there, when replicating this issue across your entire customer base?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OsoseOtoide 

Read my post above to contact customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.