why PayPal has poor security and customer service

AY99
Contributor
Contributor

I have been scammed around 30-45 days back . I was new to PayPal and suddenly one day I got a message that a transaction of 103$ happened and I only received the message after the transaction happened. By the time when I tried to log in to revert the transaction but my account was deleted. So I contacted my bank regarding this and they said contact to PayPal and to b honest PayPal service sucks their customer care always says please try later because its not company's working hours even if I call/message in the website during the working hours. I suggest everyone remove your cards and money from the account before it's too late PayPal has no proper it doesn't even has proper customer care service. I even sent the proofs of my issue to their service email 2 days after the incident took place but still no response. PayPal provides worst service with no security. Funny part is you cant even contact them  properly because the customer service is very poor and no security to customer accounts

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

AsdrenL
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue, no option to contact paypal since i am not getting SMS with the code, this is really bad!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AY99 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones when available (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

AsdrenL
Contributor
Contributor

Actually i don't have twitter nor facebook, and no the only option that i get is a Ireland phone number, this is really bad since Paypal does not support Kosovo as country, and i added over Serbia country, but the phone number where i get SMS is used a country code +383 belong to Kosovo, while Serbia starts with +381. That's why i am not able to get the SMS for 2FA!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AsdrenL 

Well firstly I was not answering you, I was answering @AY99 who's thread it is and who asked the original question.

Secondly Paypal is not supported or available in Kosovo and its against paypal rules to use another countries paypal account which you would always have issues with and would probably be limited at some point. 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

AsdrenL
Contributor
Contributor

Don't get me wrong but you are really of any help for noone here, the posts/instructions you mention makes no sense at all. Paypal still detect all cities which are in Kosovo, but under ex Serbia! So nothing to do with against paypal rules or whatsoever!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@AsdrenL 

Suggest you read all the posts from folks that live in Kosovo that have had their paypal accounts limited because Kosovo is not on the acceptable countries list.

But if you are right and I am wrong then you won't have an issue will you?

That is also why their are online petitions if you do a google search to try and get paypal supported in your country as it is not at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.