unauthorized fraud transaction

rajuraju12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

Recently there was a fraud transaction happened in my account where the scammer hacked my paypal (where i have linked my credit card) and sent the money to his account, I have lost 500GBP, regarding this i raised a dispute in resolution centre but they closed the case immediately with bot message "Thank you for reporting this case. After our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorised and hence weren't eligible for Buyer Protection." 

Further i have messaged paypal team and asked for the appeal, still no response, does anyone facing the same issue? and what is the solution for this and how do i get my refund? 

Looks like paypal is not bothered of my fraud transaction, please help me how to deal this

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Davey95
Contributor
Contributor

Happen to me too and paypal doesnt seems to care. How did this transaction happened and what do we do to get our money back?
paypal_case_may_10.png

Login to Me Too

Davey95
Contributor
Contributor

why my attachment is blocked? let everyone see
paypal_case_may_10.png

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Davey95

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry that your attached image had to be rejected. Images that contain any information that does not comply with the Community Forum Rules and Guidelines may be rejected, including any sensitive or identifying information. Please follow that link to review the terms.

I hope this is helpful in clarifying!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

JamesBland
New Community Member

Hello All.

This is my problem I was just signing into my PayPal account to add a new credit card when a message came across the screen and it said my PayPal account was suspended. You will need to call this number, so I called the number. and the person on the other end told me I am PayPal support, and my name is Mark [removed] and he give me his agent ID EMP ID: PP-5400 and the phone number he also gave to m[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]Ext 5400 He told me he was here to help me add a new card to my account. But was not the case all of the time he was Hacking into my account. I the called PayPal and set up a dispute. The person that I talk to ask me witch transection I would like to dispute so I side the one from Space Design for the amount. of 1200.00 dollars.

The next day I get a massage from PayPal. Thank you for reporting this case! But after our review, we found that certain transactions weren't unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered by Papal by PayPal purchase protection. Is there anything more I can do or am I stuck with paying $1200. dollars witch I do not have.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @rajuraju12, @Davey95, @JamesBland.

Thank you for visiting the PayPal Community Forum. I can certainly understand how concerning it can be when you experience unauthorized activity like this. The first thing I would recommend doing is performing a malware or virus scan on your computer to remove any harmful or malicious software from your devices. Normally, messages shouldn't just pop up or come across your screen saying "your account is suspended" and request you to call a number to resolve that suspension. If there's any kind of suspension on your account, you'll find ways to resolve it in your Resolution Center. After you've completed that virus / malware scan, I'd recommend changing your password and security questions one more time just to be safe.

In regard to the claim denial, I'd recommend continuing to work with PayPal Customer Support to see what appeal options are available. They can be reached by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, through Twitter direct message, Instagram direct message, or Facebook instant message.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.