unauthorised payment

Temp20210929K
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled an agreement with a Domain/email name provider after being invited to renew my subscription, this email address was for a business that I have retired from, the business account was closed at the bank and the debit card that was associated with the account, and, that was logged with PayPal was terminated, the domain provider approached PayPal for funds and PayPal paid with a different card even though the card that was registered to "auto renew" was no longer valid, PayPal claim that this was not an unauthorised payment and the case is closed, now I am in a loop when I try to take it further 

thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210929K 

Check if you had a subscription set up and if so cancel it.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20210929K 

Check if you had a subscription set up and if so cancel it.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Temp20210929K
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the info, the problem is, PayPal paid for something that was cancelled, as was the card that was attached to that subscription but they just used another of my cards, I say that that is "unauthorised" PP say not, what is the point in having a dedicated card system if it can be navigated around 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.