security lockout due to no mobile phone

Layne3

I get an email saying I am locked our because of security question.

So I login to Paypay and get stuck on a pal that insists I provide my smartphone number.

BUT I DO NOT HAVE A CELLPHONE....

I tried many ways to contact someone at PayPal but no avail.

I am STUCK!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Nomobil
Contributor
Contributor

Me to. Appears I'm locked out of my paypal account now because I don't have a mobile phone number to put in at login. Can't see or change or update my own account information. After a long wait to talk with a customer service agent and another half hour on the phone going around with him I have been told that I can no longer use the services of paypal unless I get a mobile phone and number to put into my account information. When I demanded to speak with a supervisor I was told I was being transferred, then in a few minutes I was disconnected. Really can't believe I have to quit using paypal now just because I don't have a mobile phone number to put into my account. I have a land line phone that I use for all my communications and that number is posted for all my fifty or more online shopping or business accounts. I would think that there are probably thousands of other paypal users that are finding out this same response from paypal with no other options to continue to use there accounts. I to would appreciate any useful information that would allow me to correct this dilemma and be able to continue to use paypal as I have for so many years. 

John970

Login to Me Too

arctec59
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem.

Login to Me Too

moonMusick
Contributor
Contributor

same issue here, but i do have a mobile phone number ...but the log in page says it is invalid - crazy that this is happening.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.