scammers

Sergkei
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, respected support and community if this message is visible to everyone. I would like to ask you for help to solve the problem with scammers.

On the crypto exchange is a hobby. there is a P2P market. In this market, you can buy and sell Common Currencies or Crypto. What happened is that I sold crypto to a person for euros and he transferred the euro to me on PayPal. After I confirmed on the exchange that the transaction took place, this person placed a request for a refund in PayPal. Please help solve this problem. I also have support from the crypto exchange Huobi.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sergkei 

Sorry but selling/exchanging crypto with PayPal for receiving the fiat cash and later the money is disputed is not covered under seller protection so you sell or exchange it at the risk of loss and at the risk of your account. If you were to challenge the dispute by escalating to a claim, you’ll need at least proof of delivery.

Ineligible items and transactions

• Financial products or investments of any kind
  • Payments equivalent to cash, including stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards

It also requires pre-approval and activities that “(g)involve currency exchanges or check cashing businesses” is prohibited :

https://www.paypal.com/gr/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sergkei
Contributor
Contributor
I am not asking for refunds or insurance. The money is at the disposal of Reinaldo at the moment it is blocked. I ask for an objective assessment of what is happening, the main thing is that they do not return the money to the scammers. All that is required of me is that I provided proof that I sent the cryptocurrency and also showed that I have support from the Huobi exchange. So I try to constantly contact this person through the paper, but he does not answer me, and does not respond like this to the support on the Huobi exchange. Please help me find an explicit solution to this situation. Thank you very much, thank you for your reply. and I hope that there are people in the support who can stop the fraudsters
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.