refund from blocked account?

LizMacks
Contributor
Contributor

So, PayPal blocked my account for no reason and I'm already accepted that. But, since now I can't provide my customer any products (once again, thanks to you, PayPal), now I have a question: Should I tell my customers to request a refund? Or would it be better to wait 180 days and get permission to let me transfer the money somewhere else and then just send the money back. Their politics are terribly incomprehensible and of course no one explain anything. If I tell the buyers that they need to demand the money back, will PayPal give them the money from my account? Or will it only make it worse for me: will they charge extra money or throw some other violations at me that I did not commit?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LizMacks 

Paypal do not block you for no reason !! Sounds as if the reason you were blocked was because you were using your paypal account to sell items and receive payments from buyers which is not allowed in the Ukraine so you were rightly banned.

Paypal account holders in the Ukraine can now receive payments with the recent change of policy, but they are restricted to receiving only friends/family payments as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/ua/smarthelp/article/faq4646

You still are not allowed to do commercial transactions and receive goods/services payments.

You can ask Paypal to refund the buyers if you can't access or use the refund option. As you were selling goods/services and using the friends/family option totally against paypal rules then unfortunately your buyers lost their buyer protection and you were rightly limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LizMacks
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Did someone really answer my question and clearly explain what happened?! Oh my god, thank you so much. Can you clarify where exactly I should go? Contact center?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LizMacks 

Contact options for each countries Paypal customer services are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages.

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, (during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out).
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a private direct message via Social Media on Facebook, Twitter/X, or Instagram pages.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.