Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

work_123
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me and $140 was deducted, but unfortunately I was informed that my balance was stolen and defrauded, but PayPal support did not agree to the refund , please any one help me what shoud do now   ,

"   You authorized a payment of ‪138.55 USD‬ to My.com B.V.  [removed]

You have authorized a payment to My . com B.V.

Login to Me Too

Alex_Raptor
ME TOO! im getting random charges from MY.GAMES B.V. !!! Ive never heard of them and ive lost #130+ dollars! Its been happening for i guess awhile now ive never noticed and was never notified of the charges! WHAT IS THIS?! Please help me out, i really appreciate it. I dont know why its trying even now to take money from my account! Plus my linked Cashapp!
Login to Me Too

MothsandFrogs

I also had this happen, it started out in russian currency for me all the way back in 2022 and then changed to usd the past few payments, I didn't even notice it was happening but I never made any sort of payments knowingly or willingly to this sight. I've never even heard of it before, mine happened on the 29th of December, 2023. I never authorized such payments so I ended up changing all of my paypal and bank info bc they have stolen a lot of money from me.

Login to Me Too

LaiKOvO
Contributor
Contributor
I got this problem too. I haven’t gotten it twice. But I would REALLY love some help from the PayPal staff to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

shrexs
Contributor
Contributor

I just reported unauthorized access and money transfer to some fraudulent company under the name My.com B.V.
 And PayPal says that the case is closed and that they haven't found anything suspicious. Is that possible?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@shrexs 

Check if you had a subscription set up.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

A lot of times what happens is people accept a free trial for a product and forget to cancel and it auto renews. Be careful what you are accepting.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SiriusWriter
Contributor
Contributor

I got charged 135 back in early-mid December and only now did I realize it and sent in a request for a refund. How likely do you think I am to get my money back?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @SiriusWriter

Welcome to the PayPal Community! I understand you put in a request for refund on a recent transaction. Did you put in the request with the merchant or open a dispute through our Resolution Center. We normally recommend trying to work with the merchant first, which actually does have a pretty good success rate as most merchants wish to keep their customers satisfied. If you've opened a dispute through our Resolution Center, the outcome normally depends on the type of dispute you've opened and what our support teams find during their investigation. You can read more about our Dispute Process here, as well as how to reach our Customer Support here. 

Good luck with your refund!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AnthonyComs
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry if i'm late... but i found out MY GAMES B.V is an automatic billing, and to cancel it, you must go to the resolution center, it will redirect you to a page that shows your current active billing, check the billings, select "Cancel" and save. After that, the billing will be inactiva and your PayPal account will be unlinked  from the billing

I hope that helped 

Login to Me Too

Princex3
Contributor
Contributor

I woke up today and checked my PayPal account, then suddenly I found out that all of my funds were sent to "MY.GAMES B.V."  user on Paypal via "automatic payment" 

I don't know how that happened or who that is, but somehow they managed to get all the funds in my account, I didn't even subscribe to anything, it's absurd how PayPal cannot provide a good security system even with all the money that they got,

How can someone lose their entire account balance to some random scam without even being asked for verification? It makes no sense at all,

I would like all my funds to be refunded, and the fact that I have to wait 10 days for the case to be opened is just unfair, and I want a way for this to be avoided in the future incase they redo the same thing...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.