Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

cvv1

I have the same situation. Turns out it is boosty subscription I subscribed to. They should so better work naming the seller field.

Login to Me Too

AllexTz
Contributor
Contributor

Had the same situation. Made a video about it. [removed]

Also don't know the exact reason how it happened, but solved the problem and returned all the money back even when PayPal didn't want to solve the problem at the beginning.

Login to Me Too

AlexNA
Contributor
Contributor
Help me please, I'm desperate, how or where did you send the video to be able to solve it, they charged me 90 dollars
Login to Me Too

AllexTz
Contributor
Contributor
Check on YouTube and check how I solved that.
Login to Me Too

whispersofapsyc
New Community Member
Did you recently sent a payment through something called BOOSTY? A russian website for paying for like art and adopts and the like? I think boosty uses the my games email for PayPal payments after looking into it a little more.
Login to Me Too

Rlynbook
This is Boosty - at least it is on my account. If you are getting the same amount come out each month you might have a boosty subscription, which can be managed on the boosty website.
Login to Me Too

SkyxPrince
Just so people know this may be connected to Boosty, a lot of Russian artists/creatives have started using Boosty cause they can't use PayPal. If you paid anyone on the Boosty site you can go all the way down and see that it's actually connected to My Games.BV So unfortunately the app may be automatically subscribing you and charging you each month without you even agreeing or knowing it's connected to an app!
Login to Me Too

Zzmam284
That I didn't know oops cause I actually do have someone on boosty but i thought boost was thier own platform because when I researched games bv it didn't say anything about boosty
Login to Me Too

reblod
Contributor
Contributor

I also thought it was someone using my account, filed a dispute, and then finally learned that Boosty payments come under the 'my.games' name for some reason. Paypal says it wasn't unauthorised because it wasn't unauthorised. If I had clicked to the next page of these replies I would have known this before going into panic mode...so make sure you don't use Boosty first before panicking!

Login to Me Too

iramrozza
New Community Member

The same happened to me.

What paypal have done for you guys? They opened some case to get back the cash? I can´t believe that happened.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.