Unauthorized Transaction with my.com b.v.

ryoujies
Contributor
Contributor

What happened to buyer protection, or whatever protection Paypal seems to boast about? The coverage is close to none!

I woke up this morning getting a text from Paypal regarding a login code. Mind you I was sleeping, so why would I be getting asked to verify a log in an hour prior to me waking up? I immediately started freaking out and logging into my account in hopes they weren’t able to go through but of course, to my surprise, there’s a charge of $75 USD out of my account from some website I never even heard of my entire life! The merchant is my.com B.V. I immediately went ahead to file a dispute and reported the transaction as unauthorized. Paypal said it would take 10 days to review the case but as per usual, they got back to me within an hour or so closing the case and saying that I authorized a transaction for a site I don’t even know existed, greatIt’s almost as if the fraud or dispute department never looks into cased AT ALL. This is the second time I’ve gotten hacked and Paypal telling me it’s my fault and I just gotta accept it.

I’ve been trying to escalate it to a claim but there’s no option for me to in the resolution centre. I’ll hopefully call Paypal sometime this week, since I’m busy. I know $75 USD (approx. $100 CAD) doesn’t sound a lot to some, but as a student it’s a ridiculous amount. I’m losing hope since some people on here have brought up the same issue and Paypal did the same thing by closing down their cases, with the SAME merchant.

I’ve contacted my bank regarding this matter and opened up a dispute. Paypal doesn’t seem to care about its users and I feel so unsafe using this platform now. Looking to permanently shut my account down once I get to the bottom of this 😕 I’d appreciate any insight or advice from anyone who’s experienced the same issue, as this is just flat out ridiculous. It makes so sense that Paypal reimburses people who take advantage of buyer protection, buyers who scam businesses, yet serious issues like this seem to get overlooked…

Login to Me Too
159 REPLIES 159

Alfred41
New Community Member

It happened to me as well, twice (february and november as the comment above says)

This is crazy, never had any issues in 10 years... what can we do ?

Login to Me Too

AleksandraK
New Community Member

Hey! I have the same issue, didn't notice any funds withdrawal in November (18 eur) and now they stole from me 14 more eur, which I notices. I immediately contacted my bank and PayPal of course, and PayPal thinks everything is allright. Going to resolution centre, otherwise will have to shut down my PAyPal account for security reasons.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

@AleksandraK, @Alfred41, @Dominic92x, @Frizouw, @curtinrp, @Princex3

Welcome to the PayPal Community! Thank you @kernowlass for providing the steps to cancel a billing agreement or subscription. If you all haven't checked that section of your account yet, I'd recommend doing so to check for this and any other unrecognized agreements that need to be cancelled. 

After a bit of research, it looks like "MY.GAMES B.V." is a mobile app / game developer. If you've received notifications during the middle of the night, that may be because that's when your mobile provider sends the receipt for that specific app store or when the app's charge was finally authorized through your PayPal account.. I know it's happened to me before and certainly made me a bit concerned. 

If that's not applicable to your situation, and this activity was indeed not on a device you attached your PayPal to, I'd recommend reporting this through our Resolution Center if you haven't already. If you have reported it and your case was denied, you're welcome to reach out to our Customer Support teams to see what options - if any - are available. 

You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website.  They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Best wishes,

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Dominic92x
Contributor
Contributor
Hey Jon, I appreciate your response - and by looking at the number of people reporting issues I sure hope PayPal can do something. I'm old man, I don't have Twitter or Facebook. I sent an email to PayPal appeals and have not received a response. Is there any other way to get into contact with someone?? I want to know more about why I was not notified of a recurrent charge being added to my account? No email, no message from the app? Maybe I should just go to my bank and ask for a chargeback? I don't want to sound rude but it's my hard earned money that PayPal failed to protect. This started in November for several people...was there a breach of some kind?
Login to Me Too

GingerRCurtau

yeah watch for calls from some thing claiming to be paypal

the message when it was a call said I was changing my phone number on paypal account

had to change all my pin and account password tonight midnight

Login to Me Too

Vlad43
Hi I got the same problem I opened case about unauthorized transaction right away and shortly paypal closed this case and denied a refund I’ve never used this company or shared any of my information with How could this happen ? How can I got my money back and prevent this from happening again in the future ?! PS Pls if anyone knows and can help I’d appreciate it
Login to Me Too

Temp20230409b
Why don’t you actually read what we wrote. Also if you actually investigated the merchant you’d see that it’s a fraud of an actual company on Apple Games. Further you would find that the email for this so called merchant is invalid. Fix our problem, Paypal. Because I’m NOT going to stop raising a fuss over this.
Login to Me Too

Temp20230409b
Sorry Jon. I tried finding a way to delete or edit my previous reply, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to, or I would’ve. My comment was uncalled for. Thanks for trying to help.
Login to Me Too

jenka007
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem! I never set up any automatic subscriptions with them. Never even used their website. So frustrated with Paypal...

Login to Me Too

Saviel
Contributor
Contributor
I thought it was a scam too, but it turns out it's the payments for the Russian website Boosty, their Onlyfans type website, so if you have any subscriptions on there that's what it is.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.