received nothing as described, fraud

NatyB21
Contributor
Contributor
i have received completely different items, not at all as described and textile very very cheap, paypal agreed with seller that i ship the item to china and i pay for return shipping in order to get a refund! Seller is obviously a fraud and paypal did not seem to care
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NatyB21 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction....or the one for your country as that is the U.S one.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

NatyB21
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the reply / advise, so if a seller is a scammer and you order let’s say a laptop, they send you a stone… you will have to send that stone back and pay for shipping? Does it make sense?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@NatyB21 

Did you read my post and the section copied from the user agreement?

I don't state whether things make sense or not I just post what Paypal states and what happens.

To be honest if they didn't tell you to return the item first then all buyers would state that they received a stone instead of a laptop knowing that they could then keep the item and get a refund wouldn't they.

If you buy from a seller in your own country then you can normally return cheaply or pursue private legal action if they scam you.

But if you chose to purchase internationally then that is normally far riskier.

Paypal only give you 'some' buyer protection so you need to risk assess your own transactions after reading the buyer protection policy so that you are aware that you have to return it as per paypals buyer protection policy.

However you also have the option to fund your paypal payment via a credit card for a tad more protection and can file through them if you want to and see if they will help you get a full refund without having to return.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.