problem with classmates.com bogus auto renewal

dk_brook
Contributor
Contributor

I have an issue and dispute with Paypal and classmates.com. I made a dispute and paypal dismissed it without any investigation. They have provided me with no explanation or information. Others have reported issues with classmates.com. Looks like they got no response from this community. Basically what happened is that I joined up for temporary 3 month classmates.com membership. I canceled auto renewal. But it seems classmates turned autorenewall back on. And then without any warning I got hit with expensive renewal fee (for a service I never used). It is shocking that paypal closed the case without any investigation and without any explanation. AND they don't allow any way of disputing this. Not sure why paypal would choose to be in kahoots with the classmates.com scam artists. Can anyone in this community respond now that paypal has dropped the ball.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dk_brook 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dk_brook 

Check if you had a subscription set up and cancel it.
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments.''

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tomcat721
New Community Member

Kahoots is the right word.  Or at least they went to the same seminar in doing business this way.  I cannot believe level of railroading!!!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.