possible scam

izabela14
Contributor
Contributor

I was contacted by a person from Finland who wanted to buy a dress posted by me on a Romanian site.She said she sent the payment to my account and made me look in the email box to see the confirmation from PayPal. The dress costs 60 euros and the first transport tax was 50 euros. I found an email in spam section in which PayPal asked me to pay 50 euros to prove payment. They said my money will be refunded immediatly. That lady guided me to the moonpay, so I bought Bitcoin for 50 euros. I sent the receipt back to PayPal and later I received another email asking me for another 115 euros for another taxes . I paid them too. Then I received another email asking me for 150 euros. And here I stopped. The amount reached 375 euros and they say that the transfer cannot be made until I pay. Is it possible for PayPal to do this?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@izabela14 

Nope its a 100% SCAM.

Sellers do not pay to receive funds especially not using another payment processor to a buyer !!!!!

You are getting fake scam paypal emails.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@izabela14 

Nope its a 100% SCAM.

Sellers do not pay to receive funds especially not using another payment processor to a buyer !!!!!

You are getting fake scam paypal emails.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.