pinkbike refund

Barrymack
New Community Member

I sold a pair of mountain bike wheels on pinkbike, When the buyer received he said the bearings need replaced which i don't agree with, I offered to send money to cover the bearings but he wants to send the wheels back for a refund, If i agree to him sending them back who should pay the return postage?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Barrymack 

If the buyer opens a dispute and wins (may not win) then normally paypal tell them to return the item back to you for a refund.

However paypal do not get involved in part returns or part refunds so if he goes via the dispute/claim option then he would have to return everything he received back to you for a full refund.

He would have to pay return costs but could claim back some or all of those costs if he has activated the 'return shipping on us' link as below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

However if the item is faulty and you choose not to pay return costs and he chooses not to return it and pay them then he may be covered under UK law and take you to the small claims court. 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.