paypal is helping thieves steel from me?

ulao
Contributor
Contributor

I'm so confused by how this system works... First a few things from paypal.

1. Go to the Resolution Center at the bottom of the page.
  2. Click Report a Problem.
  3. Select the transaction you want to dispute, and click Continue.
  4. Select “I want to report unauthorized activity.”
  5. Click Continue.
  6. Follow the instructions to finish opening your dispute.

Protection you can count on

If you don't receive the item that you ordered, or it shows up significantly different from its description, you may qualify for Purchase Protection, and we'll reimburse you for the full purchase price plus any original shipping costs, subject to terms and limitations. If you are charged for a transaction that you didn't make, let us know within 60 days, and we've got you covered.

Unauthorized transactions

If you think someone's used your account without permission, report it to us immediately and we'll help protect you. If you find a suspicious charge, an error, or some other unauthorized transaction when viewing your account, we may be able to help. Report it within 60 days of when it appeared on your statement and if unauthorized transactions are eligible, you won’t be held liable.

Once your claim has been filed, we'll investigate and do our best to resolve the issue. Any transaction found to be in error or unauthorized will be refunded.

That said...

On 8/20 I noticed someone or thing created many fake master cards on my account.  Looks like they did this all month and sent over $8000 to these cards. So I reported the problem as I should and changed my questions and password.

The next day I cheeked the status only to find the case was closed. I called in and talked to a person that told me it would be reopened (appealed) and someone will look in to it.  

the next day I checked status and nothing was done. That person, lied.

Not here is the thing I really do not get.... I get so many damn emails from Paypal it makes me sick! I mean I cannot scratch my... well yeah, without paypal  informing me about it. Did I get an email for my closed case, did I get an email for my appeal, did I get a follow up email for my phone conversion, did I get an email when a fake card was made (repeat this 20 times), Did I get emails about a new login, NO!!! nothing, not a damn email...

Lets revisit... Steps 1-6 all works, but you forgot step 7. "We will close your case without informing you". -- If you are charged for a transaction that you didn't make, let us know within 60 days, and we've got you covered. --Ok, I did, what do you mean by covered? "Once your claim has been filed, we'll investigate and do our best to resolve the issue." -- by closing the case?  "Any transaction found to be in error or unauthorized will be refunded." - I would love that! "And my favorite is bit above about  "Unauthorized transactions" ... really? who wrote that? Let me guess, the thieves...

This is absolutely ridicules, not only are you lying to me, ignoring me, and NOT helping me, you are actually letting this thief steal from me.  It's a mast card... track it, help me, let's try to do something about it. If you follow up with the bank he/she/it uses, I'm sure they will be willing to help. This is the level of competence from paypal? Not only is the company set up in such a way that they lie about helping, and lie about protection, that they actually help thieves? You people condone this behavior? Or do you enjoy this? DISCUSSED!

Oh yeah, and what the heck do you mean valued customer? Why do you even say that to me? Is that just because I have used Paypal since 2004? Is it a value to me or you? .. Or the thief you are helping.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

ulao
Contributor
Contributor

After the 20th agent, and giving up, I found some at paypal that was willing to help. I got the banc and the IP from my attacker.  If you need help and lost money just keep trying to call in, there are people that can help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.