paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

Temp20220216j
Contributor
Contributor
Who's in for a class action lawsuit against PayPal. Soon I'll have the money for the lawyers. Sorry not sorry PayPal but you **bleep**ed with the wrong person that lost a lot during this pendimic and thought you could just freeze a starving poor homeless persons just received unemployment benifits totaling in $17,896.85. and get away with it. Hell **bleep**ing no. You won't even be remembered as a company once I'm done with you. So care to join me
Login to Me Too

Kyliehammack17
New Community Member
Did you actually ever get your money because my account has been on hold since January 2021 it’s been 7 months? Thanks
Login to Me Too

tjwallen
Contributor
Contributor

Two things you can do about this:

1) Take them to small claims court. Paypal was only holding $250 of mine, but I took them anyway and won. For those of you who are out a lot more, I would imagine that you could get a fairly big judgement (in the US the max is $10,000 if you are an individual, $5,000 for a business). Just document everything, show that you weren't committing fraud, etc. I agree that a (another...2017 settlement) class action should be filed, but a small claims case is easy and free. And wherever you file it, paypal has to send someone to show up. 

2) Write an email to the Paypal CEO. <removed>. When I did this they reinstated my account right away. In court they tried to argue that their algorithm said there was fraud on my account (they wouldn't say what the fraud was of course because there was none), and so their team locked my account. When they actually went in and looked at it, they determined that it was worth the risk to reinstate it. Needless to say the judge thought that argument was ridiculous. "If  he was such a threat, why did a simple email to your CEO get you to reinstate it???"

Good luck. Hopefully if enough people start filing these paypal will change their ridiculous practices. 

Login to Me Too

jieyo
Contributor
Contributor

i'd like to share that I was able to transfer my money after 180 days.. i have the urged to reply here. because it took me an hour to read reviews here without some comment that has resolution which got me worried. anyway I just use the message center to send my request  The first 2 didn't work but the 3rd message with explaining i still haven't able to transfer my money with photos. worked..  I hope it gives a hope to anyone who has the same problem as I did.   there are some content topics as to why its 180 days as well..   take care everyone.

Login to Me Too

Civilfar
Let's get a class action lawsuit going In a class action lawsuit, thousands and even millions of persons can be parties. To be considered legally as a class action, the plaintiffs must convince the court that many people have similar interests in the subject matter of the lawsuit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.