paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

Gbryan
Contributor
Contributor
I wanted to but, I'm in southeast asia. What should i do?
Login to Me Too

Metoo123
I’m in!
Login to Me Too

Madmother
Contributor
Contributor
So you know Ebay told me that they are ending their contract with paypal over this. Wont be till after july but they dont like the company at all. They will be taking care of the money themselves. Pass it on
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Madmother 

They are ending one contract but buyers would still be able to use paypal as a payment processor on Ebay.

https://www.vox.com/2018[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Odinnstorm
Contributor
Contributor
eBay owns PayPal, look it up. They could change the policy anytime they want. They’re lying to you to placate you. If you have that in writing from eBay then that is libel.
Login to Me Too

Vegasblue
Contributor
Contributor
They did the same to me but they have my money since August 2020 ! And they told me i could transfer to my bank after 6 months so I tried to transfer it and guess what!!! Pump they froze my money again for another 6 months !! And it's $600.00 i don't think is fair they are theafs becareful !! I will see what can I do to get it bach Wich i don't think I will !!!
Login to Me Too

PoizzynIvy

eBay hasn't owned PayPal since 2015, look it up.

Login to Me Too

Maggie112
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please let me in on how you went about it? I'm not from the US but I have $3,000 held up by PayPal and I still could add bank or withdraw it after 180 of waiting. The money has been hanging up in my account ever since. Can you hook me up woth you artoney please?

Login to Me Too

VWV434
Contributor
Contributor
this same thing happened to me today and I'm definitely consider a lawsuit against them for holding my money
Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Research about PayPal and individual lawsuits.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.