paypal holding my funds for 180 days !!!!

destroyed-shop
New Community Member

absolultey destroyed by paypal !!!

i bought a bulk load of digital software from an outside source , i listed them on ebay , sold about 40 % of them ,

buyers all paid by paypal , i literally sent the games after 5 mins of received payment ......

i went to withdraw the funds ( from my verified paypal account to my linked bank account !!!

withdrawer was reversed and a hold put on my paypal account ........i then phoned paypal and they said it was held just a precaution and i had done nothing wron and to continue to trade on ebay .........( funds would be released in 48 hours !!!!

then a couple of hours my paypal account was frozen for 180 days !!!!

i have over £350 in cleared funds , have sent out £350 worth of software and will not get my money for 180 days !!!!!

this is disgusting as i have done nothing wrong at all , no bad feedback and all buyers have got their purchases .......

you phone paypal they say one thing and the do another ........( even told me to keep seling while account was blobked ......)

what on earth am i supposed to do now ? this seems like fraud to me and im going to have to get a solicitor or even get police involved , no reason has been given for closing my paypal account and keeping my funds , i now have lots of stock sold and lots of stock with no way of selling them , all in all i have lost about £1000 because of paypal .....

somebody please help !!!!

Login to Me Too
294 REPLIES 294

BBARBY1215
Contributor
Contributor
Did your money ever get released after the 180 days? PayPal recently did this to my mother and I.
Login to Me Too

Roninwar
Contributor
Contributor
Same here. This company needs to go bankrupt. It's such a b.s. company. They say I violated their t.o.s. on the email it doesn't even say what the reasons were. What a freaking joke. Best of luck to you.
Login to Me Too

Tallena
Contributor
Contributor

I welcome myself to the club. If only I have read these messages before. I would never started to use PayPal. So, anyone getting them to court or what?? Because: 1. THEY AT LEAST HAVE TO TELL THE REASON WHY THEY FROZE OUR MONEY. Any reason, any REAL reason. Not the same **bleep** they say to all. Because I know I didn't do anything! 2. 180d.??? ARE THEY KIDDING OF WHAT? I think they do that in purpose. I don't have a job now and that was my only money. And this is not a joke.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You (and I) agreed to their terms when signing up the an account. Theoretically we agreed to the hold on our money. Any lawyer that takes case is taking your money knowing you have no chance of winning. 

Im assuming that because of much fraud, they put a hold on funds to be safe.  I don’t agree with most of their policies but there isn’t a viable alternative right now. 

Login to Me Too

homerlea
Contributor
Contributor

Baloney! that agreement is not valid, just a way to intimidate people that companies use. They allow sellers with thousands of complaints against them to maintain their accounts and keep cheating customers. Their Code of Business Conduct and Ethics says that what you have is a right, not just a privilege to be able to transfer money. They just don't practice what they preach. 

Login to Me Too

laeticia2
Contributor
Contributor

The same here, they just frozen my account with over 1000$ in it!!!! I'M SO DESPERATE AND SOO **bleep** OFF RIGHT NOW!!!! has anyone ever recovered their funds after the **bleep** 180 days??

Login to Me Too

Odalys
Contributor
Contributor
They just frozen my account today with over 2,000 and i have to wait 180 days I don’t know why . Did someone got the same problem and had the money back ??
Login to Me Too

SMatOne
They don’t have to tell you the reason they froze your money I’ve been looking at previous lawsuits against PayPal because they froze my money as well in the previous lawsuit state that they are at sole discretion because of the user agreement you are bonded by it they do not have to explain it to you we just need to let people know about this so people stop using them. There I have to to be avenues that we can take to get our money just have to discover them.
Login to Me Too

Ashman1
Contributor
Contributor

They have just done the same to me, I have had no reason. I have almost 2k in there and I cant access it. 

Login to Me Too

Odalys
Contributor
Contributor
They did the sabe to me and I have over 2k and now o have to wait 180 days I can’t believe it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.