paypal balance

thufailw
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, i want to ask about paypal taking my balance. i dont know why but paypal took my balance without any permission or approval from the owner of the account maybe someone can help me or guide me?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thufailw 

Is your account permanently limited, did paypal remove the balance under a violation of their acceptable use policy?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thufailw
Contributor
Contributor

yes, my account is permanently limited. and yes they said it on the note "PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation." but they emailed me this when i got permanently limited "If you have funds in your PayPal balance, we'll hold it for up to 180 days. After that period, we'll email you with information on how to access your funds.". sorry for my bad english but is there anything i can do about it?..... because ive ben waiting for like 5 months untill i can go back to business but suddenly this happened. i hope you can help me @kernowlass 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thufailw 

If you have been told your Paypal account has been permanently limited then Paypal tends to hold any funds for 180 days. This is the same time frame that buyers have to open Paypal disputes.

If no disputes are opened in 180 days then normally you are allowed to withdraw the funds. That is as long as you are over 18, account is in your legal name and the account is registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes they confiscate funds under this policy.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/useragreement-full?locale.x=en_US#actions

Paypal also may request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...

1. Paypal phones (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
Or
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

thufailw
Contributor
Contributor

i just contacted twitter but paypal havent replied it yes, but i cannot find where is the live chat feature is. i have searched it anywhere but i cant find live chat 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.