payment on hold

olivia115
New Community Member

so i started using paypal before i was 18 to sell things on depop, i didn’t realize that you have to be 18 to use it. i had some issue with a depop transaction and had to submit my ID to resolve it, and then i got an email saying my account was disabled because i wasn’t 18. this was in late april. they said they would hold the money i have in my account (about $50) for 180 days and email me how to get it back. 180 days since they disabled my account was two weeks ago and they still won’t let me access my money. i have turned 18 now so i feel that i should be able to get my account and money back. does anyone know how to resolve this?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@olivia115 

Call customer service about withdrawing the money from permanently limited account. But the account is fried since it was opened while you’re a minor. Ask them to help you open a new account since you are of age now. They may have to reset any card or bank account you’ve linked to old account so you can use it with your new account.

1. https://www.paypal.com/smarthelp/contact-us
  2. Click Disputes and account limitations.
  3. Click Account limitations.
  4. Click Check the status of a limitation.
  5. Click Call Us after “This information might help” box that appears.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.