opened a dispute for counterfeit louis vuitton bag

dmercer1962
Contributor
Contributor

I bought a supposed authentic louis vuitton bag from a seller and once it came in, i had it authenticated and found it was counterfeit, so I started a dispute.  

at that point the seller started messaging me agreeing that the bag was fake and asking me to send him part of the money I get as a result of the dispute. he also mentioned some emails he sent me, so I went and found them and in it he is saying that paypal has seized all their money and asking me to start a dispute saying i never received the bag and he will agree with the dispute if I agree to split the money I get back with him .

I have screenshots of the messages and emails that I would like to add to my dispute to back up my claim but do not know how or what to do now 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Celeste

Hi there @dmercer1962,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with this purchase. There are a few steps you may be able to take to with the dispute. First, you may be able to Escalate the Dispute to a Claim. This would allow PayPal to review and decide the outcome of the case. You can also Upload a Document to the case, too. Good luck, I hope this can be sorted out soon!

Take care,

- Celeste

Login to Me Too

dmercer1962
Contributor
Contributor

thanks for the info but the escalate a dispute option is not available at the bottom of my web browser page and the upload a document is not there either. 

Login to Me Too

dmercer1962
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a phone message conversation with this seller and in the back and forth , he admitted the bag was counterfeit and I would like to include a screenshot of the conversation

Login to Me Too

Paypal_Ashley1

Hello @dmercer1962!

Thank you for your response. I am sorry you are not seeing the option to escalate the dispute or add additional details. You may want to ensure you are accessing the PayPal Resolution Center from the full website, not the PayPal app or mobile site. For reference, you may refer here. If you still do not see the option, please contact our Customer Support directly for additional assistance. You can reach Customer Support by clicking Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website. They're also available through Twitter direct message or Facebook instant message.

Thank you,

- Ashley

If you find this or any other post was useful or helpful, feel free to make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

dmercer1962
Contributor
Contributor

yes I have been using the paypal full website from my laptop, not an app, thank you for the info, i will contact them. I need to upload a screenshot of a text conversation i had with the owner , in which he admits that I should have known the bag was fake because of the price

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.